Monday, November 24, 2014

Winter Wonderland.....

Welcome back to winter!  After a bit of a reprieve last week, Central Wisconsin is back to a snowy mess.....er.....Winter Wonderland?  LOL!  Here's the view out The Studio window!

A little snow isn't going to get me down, that's for sure!  It was just the perfect reason for a bit of creating!  If you can't beat it, join it?  So, I did!


I began by creating a background using the Splattered Ombre Watercolors Tutorial from Technique Junkie Newsletter. It's a fun little technique that looks very snowy to me!  You will find the technique located in the
June/July 2014 edition of the newsletter.  For more information about Technique Junkies, visit here!

I used the largest building from I Brake For Stamps'  Cats and Buildings stamp sheet.  After stamping the building on white cardstock, I colored it with a grey Copic marker--adding just a bit of yellow in a few of the window areas.  I stamped a second image and selected one building to highlight.....I imagine that would be my friend's house...I popped it up on dimensional tape to give the finished card a bit more interest!

My sentiment is also from IBFS, but I will save you the time of trying to seek it out on your own.  I used a sentiment from the Rick St. Dennis Holiday Bear Sheet.  It comes with a sentiment that says "Have a Beary Merry Christmas."  When inking it, I covered the "Have a Beary" portion before applying it to the ink pad.  I was able to omit that part and end up with the perfect sentiment!

Of course, if that is a bit too putzy for you, I'm sure you will find something perfect RIGHT HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment